A well-written cover letter may not seem very important next to a resume, but it can often make or break your odds of getting your foot in the door. A strong cover letter lets your potential future employer learn about you in greater detail. This kind of direct and personal approach doesn’t work with a resume alone. Look at the free sous chef cover letter sample below to get inspiration for the perfect pitch.
Free Sous Chef Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. John,
Bringing more than a decade of experience ranging from food preparation to staff supervision, I am writing to express interest in the sous chef position that was recently advertised on your organization’s website. I believe my five years of experience supporting some of the most popular restaurants in the greater New York area have prepared me to be an excellent addition to your staff.
My expertise comes from the classroom as well as the kitchen. I hold a Culinary Arts degree from Chattahoochee Technical College, in addition to certifications in pastry and candy making. My training also includes extensive internships, including international stints in Paris and Vancouver.
Your job description emphasized expertise in management. My professional experience thus far has included responsibilities surrounding staff supervision, supply management, and training. I also have extensive experience catering events and coordinating off-site kitchen staffing.
I am currently relocating to Texas at the end of the month and will be available to begin work upon arrival. I would be excited to meet and further discuss my qualifications for this job in a formal interview. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from your staff very soon.
What to Include in a Sous Chef Cover Letter
When you create your version of this free sous chef cover letter sample, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure your letter is no more than one page long. Open with a formal courtesy greeting that is tailored to the hiring manager, and get straight to the point with details about your transferrable skills. Incorporate details from the job description. Most important, make sure you formally request an opportunity to interview for the position.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
One of the most important elements of a good cover letter is including skills that are relevant to the job. As you reference our free sous chef cover letter sample, here are some of the industry skills you should be sure to include:
• Leadership: Sous chefs help oversee the kitchen team, so leadership skills are key.
• Effective listening: You must be willing to take instruction from an executive chef quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to learn fast: Be ready to pick up new skills quickly to keep the kitchen running smoothly.
• Physical stamina: Being in a kitchen will require long periods on your feet.
Sample Cover letter for Sous Chef
If you are new to cooperate world and aiming to enter it then start with preparing exclusive cover letters that supports your resume. Any time you can get a call for job so be ready with your letters and see to it that they showcase professionalism which is required in Sous Chef.
(Write your name and address)
3309 Bastin Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Rohm & Haas Co.
3322 Chapmans Lane
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I read in the JobCentral.com of your need for a Sous Chef for your office at Philadelphia . I would be glad to be part of Rohm & Haas Co. and I believe that I have the necessary credentials for the job.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- The Village Hotel has three food and beverage departments. As one of the three Sous Chefs, I was responsible for the catering side of one of them – The Victory Pub & Kitchen. My initial duties were to manage every aspect of the Pub Kitchen, stock orders/count/rotation, setting menus for events and occasions, ensuring food was presented/served to spec, managing a team of Chefs, KP’s and floor staff and keeping up to date with all paperwork and documentation.
- I would, on a daily basis, report to Head Chef to ensure we were hitting company GP.
- I would also liaise with my fellow Sous Chefs to guarantee every department was running proficiently and effectively.
- I would ensure my kitchen was kept clean and safe at all times to meet company regulations.
- We frequently excelled expectations of our General Manager and company CMI Auditor’s.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I believe that I can make significant contributions to your organization while working in this position. Please consider my resume for the possibility of scheduling the interview. I will call you next week for confirming the interview arrangements. I would like to thank you for your kind consideration.
Filed Under: Cover Letter