School uniforms promote student's loyalty and reduce students tendency to be violent. Without school uniform, students may form gangs and identify their group with same color clothes. Gang members would then victimize wealthy students. This violence can be prevented if all students identify themselves as one by wearing the same school uniform.
Today, all over social media and the news, there are many news stories about kid’s getting into trouble about what they are wearing to school and protesting their suspensions because of what they are wearing.
Boys getting into trouble for wearing jeans that are hanging too low are that are too baggy. Girls getting in trouble for wearing clothes that are a little to sexual or provocative.
These types of stories generate a great deal of comments, pro and con. But for the most part, the general consensus is that these kids do not seem to understand that there are rules and dress codes that they must follow. In one case, a sixth grade girl protested that she had to go home and change because of what she wearing. Most comments on social media stated that if she can’t learn to follow the rules and dress codes in elementary school, how can she function in the real work when she looks for and gets a job.
Reasons why wearing of school uniforms are important for students:
- School uniforms are made compulsory for all students since it helps lessen social conflicts within the school. This is so as not all students can keep up with the latest trends in fashion. So, if you don’t belong in the group when it comes to fashion, you often become the subject of ridicule and mockery obviously because other students see you as an outcast who doesn’t fit in. If you are in this situation, it can badly affect your self-esteem and can give rise to many insecurities. But with school uniform, incidents like this can be prevented.
- School uniforms promote students’ loyalty and reduces students tendency to be violent. Without school uniform, students may form gangs and identify their group with same color clothes. Gang members would then victimize wealthy students. This violence can be prevented if all students identify themselves as one by wearing the same school uniform. With school uniform, students will have a sense of oneness and it will likewise enhance school loyalty. Wearing of school uniform is really important for it gives students the feeling that they all belong in one community.
- School uniforms lessen students clothing expenses for their day to day use. It is also beneficial for parents for it enables them to save extra cash. Just one time spending for school uniforms and that’s it. Whereas, if parents have to spend for latest fashion clothes for their children’s day to day attire in school, it can cost them a lot of money.
- School uniform promotes effective learning for all students. Students’ concentration will be focused more on their education rather than their wardrobes. If students are allowed to wear civilian clothes, they will be more eager, concerned and excited on what clothes to wear to make them stand out at school. This will also distract their learning process for their minds will be occupied with the thought of whether their opposite sex will admire the way they dress up. Thus, school uniform is important for it creates an effective learning atmosphere.
- Wearing of school uniforms also prepare students for their future career. If they get employed in big companies, naturally they have to wear corporate and formal attires. With this, it will be easy for them to adjust since they are used to wear formal uniforms when they were in school.
School Uniform Conclusion
As you can see, having school uniforms can solve many problems for kids, teachers, the administrators and the schools. No competition for what to wear, no gang colors, no feeling bad if a child cannot afford the latest fashions. When a child is not worried about what they are wearing and competing with their friends, they can concentrate on school and lessons.
Who is against school uniforms, the teen clothing companies. They make a great deal of money by selling all kinds of clothing and name brand shoes to teens for the school year. Many schools have rules about what to wear and what not to wear, but as I mentioned above, kids are protesting these rules.
There have been numerous stories circulating on Facebook and other social media web sites with kids as young as elementary school, complaining that they should be allowed to wear what they want. Not only girls, but also the guys want to be able to wear the low baggy pants and their favorite team’s shirts. But this has been found to cause problems, which is exactly why a school uniform could solve all of these disputes, arguments and problems.
Even if a school does not have their own uniforms, a dress code is very helpful and needs to be followed by all students and abided by parents. Rules are rules and the more children learn about following the dress code rules, the better off they will be once they get to the real world and the work force.
A uniform' is a standard set of clothing people (usually ]) wear when they go to school. It might have a particular color of trousers or skirt, plus a matching shirt and perhaps a jacket or necktie, with matching shoes.
In some countries, like Germany, students can wear anything they like when they go to school. In other countries, like England, there is usually a standard dress code in school, usually a set of dressing for girls and one for boys. Boys and girls need to wear school uniforms when they go to school. In many countries, such as the United States, some schools require wearing a uniform, and some do not.
Originally, school uniforms were introduced to hide the social differences between students, but uniforms can also help with safety. Using standard uniforms can also save the money needed to buy extra clothes as fashion to impress other people at school. Uniforms can reduce the conspicuous consumption of rich people, who get costly items, which show how much more wealth they have than other people.
However, school uniforms can also help with health and safety by having clothes which have been tested to be safer when worn. Some fabrics can cause skin rashes in some people, while a uniform can be made of comfortable fabrics. Also, loose-fitting clothes can get caught in machinery or playground equipment, which limits what activities children can do safely.
There are several types of economicbullying which can be lessened by use of school uniforms. When many students are from families with less money, sometimes students with more money have been called "goody two shoes" because they wore newer shoes, where neither shoe was in poor shape. In schools where more students are rich, poorer students have been insulted for the old-style or tattered clothes they wore.
Some children do not like uniforms because they are being told what to wear.