Gender Discrimination in Education
Gender discrimination is a very common problem in most developing countries. Generally, it means creating biases against a person based on their gender or sex. This kind of discrimination affects both male and female, but in various parts of the world, mostly women fall victim to it.
Therefore in the developing countries, females are discriminated against solely because of their biological attributes. As a result they are not provided with the luxury of enjoying the same opportunities as males in the social, cultural, political or economic sense.
Gender discrimination against girls in the educational field
Education is also one of the factors of discrimination against woman’s life because they are deprived of opportunities to pursue it in any way. There are multiple barriers that stand in the way of a girl's right to education.
- Poverty is the most common reason behind gender discrimination against girls in education. Poor families have limited resources to support the education of their children; therefore they are forced to give opportunities to their sons and not their daughters.
- Also, there is a misconception in lots of families that girls do not need an education to run a household therefore it is not considered very important for them to go to school.
- Since girls are required to take on board the household responsibilities since they are young, the burden of it forces them to quit school.
- Many cultures have values and traditions that limit their acquisition of education.
- Because of limited number of schools, children from small towns have to travel miles to get education, therefore girls are not permitted to go there due to safety concerns.
Gender discrimination against boys in educational sector
Although there has not been much research but it is now being brought to light that men also face severe discrimination in many fields including the educational sector.
- Because of their rowdy and aggressive nature, boys are labeled to have trouble concentrating in studies, which is why much of the focus and resource is not given to them to help them in their studies.
- Teachers are also biased against them in such a way that they treat girls in a nicer manner as compared to their treatment with boys.
- Also, in the fields like nursing, stereotyped to be taken over by girls only, boys have to face serious discrimination.
Hence, gender discrimination is very common in the educational sector for both genders. It is present in all the areas including the social, cultural, political or economic system.
Gender Inequality Essay Topics
1. Gender and Economics: Gendered Pay
The implications of pay differences among men and women in different industries.
2. Gender and language: Masculinity versus Femininity
A discourse analysis on the masculinity and femininity of certain languages that trigger gender inequality.
3. Gender Inequality in the Society: Theory and Practice
Building a discourse on gender based on different theoretical bases.
4. Battle of the Sexes: Male and Female Dichotomy
This gender essay topic will focus on he competition between male and female in different aspects of the society.
5. Dealing with Patriarchy: Where is Equality?
Defining patriarchy and how it takes away equality.
6. The Feminist Stigma: Why Men are Afraid of Feminism
This gender inequality essay topic will delve deep on the concept of feminism and why it is misunderstood by the society.
7. Feminism and Intersectionality: Why it Matters
The importance of intersectionality in a gender sensitive community.
8. Gender Discrimination: History and Culture
Historicizing patriarchy in the context of culture.
9. Men Over Women: Why Men are Perceived Superior in the Society
Gender roles in the society and the superiority of the male character.
10. Gendered Employment: Men versus Women in the Workplace
Why men are still favored over women in the society.
11. The Rise of Feminist Ideology in Contemporary Society
Explaining feminist ideology in theory in the actual conditions of the society.
12. Gender in Capitalism: Capitalizing on the Gender Struggle
How capitalism uses the issue of the gender struggle in forwarding their capitalistic intentions.
13. The Gender Struggle: The Strife for Equality in the Society
Who affects the gender struggle? Why does equality matter in the society.
14. Race, Gender and Culture: Defeating the Dichotomies
These three aspects of the society are the main reason why discrimination continues to flourish and makes the concept of inequality seem to be far-fetched.
15. The History of the Patriarchy: Tracing the Roots of Gender Inequality
Identifying the roots of patriarchy in the society, putting focus on the male privilege.
16. The Rise of Female Agency: The Role of Feminism in Women’s Rights
Female empowerment and women’s rights as the actualization of women in the society.
17. 1st to 3rd Waves: Feminism over the Years, the Good and the Bad
Explaining the different waves of feminism and laying out the details of the intentions of each wave.
18. Misogyny and Sexism: Why it Continues to Happen in the 21st Century
Laying down the roots of misogyny and sexism in the contemporary society.
19. Misogyny: Internalized Hatred for Women
Identifying misogyny as a trait in individuals triggered by different aspects of society, history and culture.
20. The Value of Women Empowerment in Different Aspects of the Society
Building a discourse on women empowerment and how it helps all women around the world.
21. Beating Oppression: The Implications of Patriarchy in the Society
A showcase of actual implications of patriarchy.
22. Writing About Gender Inequality: History, Culture and Society
A discussion on how to write about issues on inequality; using concepts from history culture and society.
23. The Female Liberation: Women Empowerment throughout the Years
Focusing on the rise of the female agency.
24. The Male Gaze in Media: Objectification of Women in Movies and Television
Why women are objectified through their sexuality in media.
25. Objectifying Women: From Politics to Culture
Why is objectification embedded even in politics and culture.
26. The Female as Male Trophy: Unequal Roles in the Family
Objectifying women often leads to building an image of the woman as a trophy of the man, especially in marriage.
27. Inculcating Gender Equality: The Issue of Gender in Education
How is gender embedded in the educational system.
28. The Gender Spectrum: The Plight of the LGBTQI+ Community
The LGBTQI+ struggle and discourse.
29. Marching for Pride: The LGBTQI+ and Discrimination in the Society
Why is the LGBTQI+ community still not completely accepted in the society.
30. Sexism in Hollywood: Gender Discrimination in Casting, Employment and More
Issues on gender in Hollywood as claimed by famous actresses.
31. Gender and Media: the Sexualization of the Female Identity
Why does the media opt to utilize the sexuality of the female in order to convey a message.
32. Gender and Sexuality: The Female Agency and Empowerment in the Discourse of Sex
Why is there a stigma put on women who choose to be empowered in the context and discourse of sex.
33. Why Female Sexuality is a Threat for Males
Why are men threatened when women embrace their own sexuality.
34. Gender and Sexuality in Popular Culture
How is gender and sexuality conveyed in popular culture which is also a tool of capitalism.
35. Women in Popular Culture
A discussion of popular female icons in popular culture; heroines and fairytale princesses.
36. The Male Gaze
The contribution of the male perspective in the objectification of women especially in movies.
37. The Culture of Discrimination in Gender
This gender essay topic will focus on the implications of discrimination in the marginalized gender.
38. Why Gender Identity is Important
A discussion of gender and its contribution in the formation of identity.
39. Gender Performativity
Performativity as a way to understand the dynamics of Gender according to Judith Butler and other scholars.
40. The Hope For Equality
Gender inequality as only one of the factors in the long term struggle for social equality.